- LIMOUSINE TRANSFERS
- PRIVATE CAR TRANSFERS
- BUS TRANSFERS
- PHONG NHA TOURS
- TOP TOURS
Ma Da valley and Tra Ang Cave hiking is a great opportunity to get in to the jungle without taking on a major expedition in an area where few tourists have been before. Explore an unspoiled cave, swim in a stunning lake and experience authentic Vietnam whilst supporting employment for local people. What a great day out seeing the National Park and trekking through the jungle!
Ma Da valley locates in a remote area of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park. The Ma Da Valley was opened to tourism in August 2016. This new area of the world heritage Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park includes the Tra Ang cave and Ma Da Lake.
Tra Ang Cave locates on the Phong Nha- Ke Bang administrative and services subdivision on the road no.20 Quyet Thang. It was discovered in 2014 by the British Cave Research Association with the length of 1km and 50m in width. Tra Ang is a cave with green and cool underground river systems, contains pristine stalactites with various shapes and colours. Currently, Tra Ang is being surveyed to become the popular tourist route.
Ma Da valley and Tra Ang Cave hiking represents a great opportunity to experience authentic Vietnam. This tour requires a total of 8km of primary jungle hiking on a small trail to explore the untouched Ma Da valley, swim in the crystal lake of Ma Da, enjoy a fantastic jungle barbecue lunch prepared by our local team, and swim into Tra Ang cave to explore one of the beautiful river cave in Phong Nha. The whole experience is spectacular!
* Activities: 8 km of Jungle hiking, Swim in Ma Da crystal lake, Jungle BBQ, Swim into Tra Ang cave.
* Adventure level: Medium high – fitness for the challenging terrain of the 8km hike. Not suitable for children under 15 years of age and people has been diagnosed with high blood pressure.
– Gear provided: Vietnamese soldier trekking boots if required (we suggest bringing your trekking shoes just in case our boots don’t suit you), headlight, helmet, gloves, and life jacket.
– Gear to bring: Trekking clothes (long trousers and shirt), personal toiletries, sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, sunglasses, swimming gear.
* Detailed time plan: Tour departs daily from 8:00 a.m to 17:30 p.m.
Note: If your hotel in Dong Hoi city, surcharge is 30 usd.